As mobile continues to outshine PCs in the content delivery market, it’s important to be aware that if you’re not ready for mobile, you’re missing out on the potential revenue that mobile can bring. Being ready for mobile can mean many different things but the first thing is to build responsive online real estate. The next thing is to determine how to monetize mobile for your niche.
1. Understand What Mobile Means – Any “on the go” devices constitutes mobile. It’s important to realize the difference between “optimized for” or “accessible to” mobile. You don’t need to be optimized for mobile to be available and usable on mobile devices. You just need to be accessible for mobile. Think of mobile as simply a new tool to view your content and offerings, not a whole new environment.
2. Make Your Content Mobile Ready – If you use a responsive design, you’ll be able to easily be viewable and usable on mobile devices. Ensure that any additional plugins, apps, and shops you add are also usable on mobile devices. If they’re not, find a different one because you’ll literally miss out on over half of your audience.
3. Release Your Own App – To earn money via mobile, one great way is to release your own Release Your Own App that you charge for, offer a subscription to, use as a way to promote affiliate products, or for your audience to make in-app purchases to earn revenue. You don’t even need to know how to code. You can use PLR (private label) apps and rebrand them as your own.
4. Offer Mobile Checkout – If a shopping cart doesn’t allow for mobile purchasing, most shoppers will not go back to your site. In fact, they’ll likely complain about it all over social media too. To avoid this problem, ensure that people have the same experience on mobile that they have on their PC.
5. Increase Social Media Activity – The truth is, most mobile users spend an enormous amount of time using social media such as Facebook and Twitter. If you want to encourage mobile use of your blog, promote a lot more on social media. When mobile users see your promotions and click through to your mobile-friendly options, they’ll be pleased.
6. Create Highly Digestible Content – Shorter content that is optimized for mobile will encourage more mobile users to consume your content and answer your calls to action. Content for mobile needs to be a little shorter, more concise, and targeted. This type of content will also work well for PC users, so including a variety of content that works for both is easy.
7. Use Images Wisely and Creatively – Today, images are very important to bring attention to content. People enjoy reading an infographic with lots of data more than they enjoy reading a boring blog post with the same data. The infographic brings that type of content new life while imparting important information to your audience. Mobile devices have lower resolutions than PCs for these images, though. Keep that in mind as you create the content so that your images are still viewable on mobile. Plus, don’t overload your site with irrelevant images. Choose which ones you use very carefully.
8. Avoid Using Flash – While Flash has been an important component in many types of content on PCs, the problem is that Flash is not compatible with mobile devices. So, if you have been using Flash on your websites and blogs, you’ll need to use HTML5 instead to ensure compatibility with mobile.
Mobile is a highly important and rapidly changing. The more popular it becomes, the more important it will be to learn all you can, optimize your websites for mobile, and realize that new tools will be invented in the future for people to access your information. Will you be ready?
P.S. Join me tomorrow for #365 MIAB* Challenge – Day 256, as I share,
10 Common Mobile Marketing Mistakes To Avoid
What questions or comments do you have about this topic?
Post your questions and comments below.
Anna D. Banks, MAS, is a business coach, corporate trainer, author and speaker. She provides workshops, seminars, keynote speaking, and coaching, aiding personal and professional growth through study and practical application of proven business and leadership methods. Working together, she will move you and/or your team or organization in the desired direction to reach your goals.
Get your daily marketing idea. Register today for Anna’s “Daily Marketing Ideas and Activities for Your Business” at https://www.diymarketingu.com/.