If you want to be successful with marketing online, there are many different types of marketing that are important to understand. Each type of marketing requires specialized knowledge and understanding to ensure that it is effective. Below is an overview of the various types of online marketing that you need to know about.
1. Search Engine Optimization – Often abbreviated as SEO, this type of marketing covers two types of SEO. First, there is on-page SEO which concerns optimizing each page of your website, social media profiles, blog sites, and so forth with the right terms, navigation, keywords, headlines and so forth. The other type is off-page SEO, which concerns itself with these same things off the pages you control. For example, guest blogging, forum commenting, and anything above board that you can do to get authoritative links back to your website and other online real estate are important for SEO.
2. Pay-Per-Click Marketing – This is really an advertising concept but for these purposes we’re including it here. Often abbreviated PPC, this consists of any ads that you purchase that charges you for each click that a potential customer makes on the advertisement. The ad brings the lead to your sales page, or a landing page.
3. Email Marketing – One of the most lucrative of all types of online marketing, email marketing is performed by using email marketing software like AWeber.com, or MailChimp.com. The software helps you follow the law when it comes to email marketing. Plus, you should also read the laws in your country regarding email marketing.
4. Social Media Marketing – Any marketing completed on social media networks that brings members, likes and connections into your product funnel is social media marketing. Social media marketing works best when you’re committed to engaging with your audience.
5. Networking Marketing – In some ways network marketing and social media marketing go hand-in-hand, but in this case we’ll separate them out to include local networking and more professional social networks online such as professional membership organizations and more buttoned-up social media like LinkedIn.
6. Community and Relationship-Building Marketing – Thanks to forums, message boards, social media groups and more, you can now build an entire online community which enables you to get closer to them and build relationships with them. Relationships are very important when it comes to online marketing.
7. Location Marketing – Today, you should also consider marketing in your local location but you don’t even have to book a flight to market in many locations using the right search terms and focused content. If your audience is located in a specific place, you can focus all your marketing online and offline to that location.
8. Affiliate Marketing – This is a wonderful way to get a legion of fans doing a lot of your marketing for you. An affiliate signs up to use your tools to market your products and/or services to their audience, and for each completed sale they get a percentage. You’ll need affiliate software for this like aMember.com, JVZoo.com, or 1ShoppingCart.com.
9. Content Marketing – This type of marketing consists of all forms of content such as videos, blogs, white papers, articles, eBooks, eCourses, email series… Anything that consist of content in all its forms is content marketing.
Online marketing is a form of marketing that you do online, but sometimes it can carry off into offline if you meet up with people in person that you first met online. Online marketing is all-encompassing and very effective to helping the smallest to the largest businesses get more customers and increase their bottom line.
“2017 Super Bowl 51”
I’d love to hear from you. Did you find this information useful?
Please Share this post with others.
Post your questions and comments below.