Using YouTube to market your business is really a no-brainer. But if you’ve been hesitant to take the plunge, you might want to read over these ten reasons to market your business using YouTube.
1. It’s Free – Using YouTube itself is free. You can spend money on production or promotion, but the tool is free for anyone to use. This makes the barrier to entry extremely low and gives every business the opportunity to succeed on YouTube.
2. Great for SEO – Search engine optimization is an important part of building and marketing any business online, and YouTube can help you with that by providing authoritative backlinks to your website. Plus, once you have a good amount of video content when people search for your information on Google, they are likely to find your videos.
3. Great Way to Educate Your Audience – Sometimes it can be hard to explain the importance of something via text. It can also be hard to explain how to do something that requires complex instructions. But, using video eliminates these issues and allows you to show someone a thing as if you are in the room with them.
4. Build an Audience from Scratch – Even if you are starting with zero audience, you can build an audience on YouTube. The market is not glutted, and you can become famous on YouTube just like others have done. The trick is to make targeted content on a regular basis.
5. Builds You Up As an Expert – Giving presentations and being able to boil down issues and steps into something others understand establishes you as an expert like no other thing. It’s the next best thing to live speaking in person in terms of establishing expertise.
6. Builds Trust – When people see your face and hear your voice, they are going to feel as if they know you. This is going to build up your trust quotient with them on a large scale. Keep your videos targeted, to the point, and consistent in ideas and content, and your viewers will purchase from you.
7. Your Video Will Be Viewed – Over half of all videos posted on YouTube get some form of rating, which means that your video will likely be seen even if you did not promote it at all. Of course, you are going to promote it because that’s the best way to do it.
8. People Like Sharing Video – Studies have shown that videos shared on Twitter are more likely to be viewed than blog posts without video. Images are more likely to be shared and viewed than text, but videos are even more likely to be shared and viewed. The internet loves video.
9. You Can Measure Success – One really awesome part of online marketing is the ability to measure almost anything you do. YouTube makes it very easy to measure the results of what you’re doing. You can also use a service like SocialBlade.com to help.
Link to SocialBlade – http://socialblade.com/
10. Great for Feedback – YouTube members love leaving feedback on videos, so if you ask for it, be ready for it. They will tell you what they think pretty quickly, especially if they disagree with you. But, you can get a lot of content from the feedback and questions asked on each video you upload.
Marketing on YouTube is lucrative for all forms of business. Whether you have a digital business or a bricks and mortar business, using YouTube to get the word out about your business is crucial today in the online marketing space.
P.S. Join me tomorrow for #365 MIAB* Challenge – Day 147, as I share,
Nine Common Video Making Mistakes
What questions or comments do you have about this topic?
Post your questions and comments below.
Anna D. Banks, MAS, is a business coach, corporate trainer, author and speaker. She provides workshops, seminars, keynote speaking, and coaching, aiding personal and professional growth through study and practical application of proven business and leadership methods. Working together, she will move you and/or your team or organization in the desired direction to reach your goals.
Get your daily marketing idea. Register today for Anna’s “Daily Marketing Ideas and Activities for Your Business” at http://www.diymarketingu.com/.